The Vanessa Sponge

My friends from Australian Marine Ecology (AME) have surprised me with a lovely and unexpected present. In their efforts to map the ecological species present in Port Phillip Bay, they have named one of the "new discovered" sponges after me. Thanks to AME, the Vanessa Sponge has officially entered the Australian marine ecology books. So from now onward my name will be not only associated with a beautiful butterfly but also with a beautiful sponge which inhabits the Victoria's deep reefs. To AME I say: thank you my friends. I really appreciate this lovely thought.
*********************************************************
Gli amici dell'Australian Marine Ecology (AME) hanno deciso di sorpredermi con un piacevole ed inaspettato regalo. Nello sforzo di mappare le specie ecologiche presenti nel Port Phillip Bay, i ragazzi hanno dato il mio nome ad una delle spugne scoperte di recente. Grazie ad AME, la Vanessa Sponge e' entrata ufficialmente nei libri di ecologia marina australiani. E cosi' d'ora in poi il mio nome non sara' solo associato ad una bellissima farfalla ma anche ad un altrettanto bella spugna che abita le profondita' marine del Victoria. Ai ragazzi della AME dico: grazie amici. Ho davvero apprezzato questo bel gesto.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

US Roadtrip - Diario di Viaggio: Giorno 9